[Haskell-beginners] Conciseness question

Michael Snoyman michael at snoyman.com
Sun Aug 7 15:19:41 CEST 2011

Sorry, forgot to explain the phrase. In Hebrew, the ending "ayim" is
the dual form, used often for limbs (yadayim = hands, raglayim = feet,
etc). "Paam" means "time", and "paamayim" means "two times". "Nekuda"
means dot/period, and "nekudotayim" means two dots (== colon).
Paamayim Nekudotayim therefore is double-double dots, or two colons.