[Haskell-beginners] How to model this in haskell, get rid of my OO thinking?

Stephen Tetley stephen.tetley at gmail.com
Tue May 18 11:11:14 EDT 2010

On 18 May 2010 15:29, Nathan Huesken <haskell at lonely-star.org> wrote:

[SNIP]

> Yes, that makes sense. Still, how would the "World" object look?

Hi Nathan

I don't know how appropriate it would be for a game - but Malcolm
Wallace and colleagues presented a scene graph in this paper:

Huge Data but Small Programs: Visualization Design via Multiple Embedded DSLs
http://eprints.whiterose.ac.uk/5000/1/padl09.pdf

... see 5.2 Rendering and Interaction

It might make a concrete starting point. There is a different scene
graph on Hackage, but it has a somewhat more complicated
implementation.

Best wishes

Stephen