[Haskell-beginners] midi file stuff

Stephen Tetley stephen.tetley at gmail.com
Tue Jul 27 03:09:31 EDT 2010

Hi Johann

I've always written my own - I had code in Scheme, so one of the first
things I did when learning Haskell was port it from Scheme. I haven't
worked out a good way of managing channel numbers so its not on
Hackage, though I could look at polishing it up this weekend if you
are interested.

Haskore-vintage has a MIDI file I/O within the package, but you would
generally use it with the Haskore datatypes. Henning Thielemann's midi
library looks quite large with lots of dependencies so I've never used
it myself.

Best wishes

Stephen