[Haskell-beginners] Problems with System-Eval-Haskell

Joe Fox fox.joe87 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 8 00:25:58 EST 2010

Hi

I am fairly new to haskell ,
I was trying to use Eval function in haskell but its giving me a problem ,

 even the example code given in *
http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~dons/hs-plugins/html/System-Eval-Haskell.html*<http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/%7Edons/hs-plugins/html/System-Eval-Haskell.html>

do i <- eval "1 + 6 :: Int" [] :: IO (Maybe Int)
    when (isJust i) $ putStrLn (show (fromJust i))

is not working for me , it gives following error

on the commandline: Warning: -Onot is deprecated: Use -O0 instead

and doesnt print 7 , i guess that is what is expected to be printed.

Can any one point me in the right way how to use eval function ?

Thanks
Joe