[Haskell-beginners] Problems installing TagSoup.Parsec

Mark Wong-VanHaren markwvh at gmail.com
Tue Feb 2 19:19:49 EST 2010

Hi, Daniel-

Many thanks for your help.  Your instructions were very clear and
worked perfectly.

The only snag I encountered was a separate problem I had created for
myself, which I'll mention here in case it may help someone else...

I (thought I) wanted to uninstall TagSoup 0.8.  (I didn't really need
to.)  Cabal doesn't provide an "uninstall" command, so I naively
attempted to do it "manually" -- that is, to simply rm
TagSoup-0.8-related files in my installation.

This confused Cabal, which still "believed" (by virtue of config
settings somewhere, presumably) that TagSoup was still installed.  So
cabal failed to find the actual files needed and complained.

Rather than manually rm-ing things, the proper solution (I believe --
at least it worked for me) was to use "ghc-pkg unregister tagsoup".

Anyway, thanks again for your help, Daniel.  Cheers,
-Mark