[Haskell-beginners] list monad question

Matthias Guedemann matthias.guedemann at ovgu.de
Fri Oct 30 09:01:20 EDT 2009

Hallo David,

> If I understood what you ask this time, there's a function in
> Control.Monad that does it :
> allN = replicateM
>
> replicateM 4 [ 1,2,3 ] = [ [ 1,1,1,1],[1,1,1,2], ....

that is exactly what I wanted, thanks a lot. Next time I will state the question
more clearly :-)

> when you write
>
> a <- ls
> b <- ls
> c <- ls
>
> You perform the monad "action" 3 times, collecting the result in a
> then b, then c.
> now replicateM performs a monad action n times, collecting the result in a list.
> turns out that making a list of the result is exactly what you want.

Maybe I should have a closer look at Control.Monad, a lot seems to be there
already.

best regards,
Matthias

Dipl. Inf. Matthias Guedemann              / __\/ _\  /__\
Computer Systems in Engineering           / /   \ \  /_\
Otto-von-Guericke Universitaet Magdeburg / /___ _\ \//__
Tel.: 0391 / 67-19359                    \____/ \__/\__/