[Haskell-beginners] if ands

Stephen Tetley stephen.tetley at gmail.com
Fri Nov 6 04:36:39 EST 2009

As Haskell uses lazy evaluation so (&&) and if can be functions, as
Joe Fredette said previously. In say Lisp which is strict if has to be
a primitive / special form and (&&) is likely definable only with if
(or implemented as another primitive).

In some senses Haskell doesn't need to be smart to be 'smart'.

Best wishes

Stephen