[Haskell-beginners] Constructors as functions (was monad transformers)

Michael P Mossey mpm at alumni.caltech.edu
Fri Aug 14 21:03:59 EDT 2009

Michael P Mossey wrote:
> In Martin Grabmuller's tutorial "Monad Transformers Step by Step", found
> here
>
> http://user.cs.tu-berlin.de/~magr/pub/Transformers.pdf

Additional question: in this paper he uses a data constructor in an interesting
way: back-quoting it to make it an operator. I thought, "Huh, a constructor is a
lot like a function?" I did some experiments and found that I can map a
constructor over a list and I can compose a constructor with other functions.
Cool. So is a constructor a function, in every sense?

Thanks,
Mike