[Haskell-beginners] Re: Homework help (was Re: Help in Haskell)

ajb at spamcop.net ajb at spamcop.net
Sat Nov 29 18:25:59 EST 2008

G'day all.

Quoting "Benjamin L.Russell" <DekuDekuplex at Yahoo.com>:

> Actually, initially I had to fight the urge not to rewrite it in a
> less elitist manner, in order to avoid the possibility of offending
> the original author.

It was me, and I'm not offended.  By putting words on a Wiki, rather
than, say, a personal blog, I feel that I'm explicitly inviting others
to be bold and modify them.

> I could have risked going against the cultural attitude of the
> original author, who had deliberately used the pejorative term "stupid
> question."

Actually, the reason why I used that term is simpler than that: I'd
just read the "smart questions" FAQ, and my brain was pre-conditioned
in that direction.

Go ahead and change it.

Cheers,
Andrew Bromage