[arch-haskell] Broken box after latest ghc update

Magnus Therning magnus at therning.org
Sat Mar 12 01:07:13 UTC 2016

Pierre Radermecker <pradermecker at yahoo.ca> writes:

> The recent update seems to have broken my box. After cleaning up
> everything (removing ghc), installing xmonad and xmonad-contrib will
> force downgrading some packages (such as haskell-x11). Then trying to
> install `haskell-stack` would fail.
>
> Is this a known problem ?

No, I haven't heard of this before.

First of all, removing ghc should trigger a removal of *all* haskell-*
packages, including haskell-xmonad. Your wording above makes me suspect
that you are trying to mix haskell package from [haskell-core] and
[community]. Don't do that! :)

Instead of installing xmonad and xmonad-contrib (both from [community]),
install haskell-xmonad-contrib (from [haskell-core]). Please report back
if that doesn't work.

Magnus Therning              OpenPGP: 0x927912051716CE39
email: magnus at therning.org   jabber: magnus at therning.org

Finagle's Sixth Law:
Don't believe in miracles -- rely on them.