[arch-haskell] ghc-vis

Magnus Therning magnus at therning.org
Sun Oct 18 19:54:42 UTC 2015

On Fri, Oct 16, 2015 at 08:13:56AM -0600, stef204 wrote:
> 16.10.2015, 05:38, "Magnus Therning" <magnus at therning.org>:
> > I usually operate on *all added packages* at once through the whole
> > upgrade/add process.
> >

> Here above ^^ I am not completely sure what you mean....
> Are you referring to using just one single pacman -S command with all
> of the packages needing installation at once?

Nope, I'm talking about `cblrepo add`.

> > I'm currently experimenting with a split package for stack though.
>
> This should be interesting.

I'm not so sure ;)  It's been brought up before that it'd be nice to
have a separate package for the pandoc binary.  Splitting does need
quite a bit of knowledge of the package though, but my initial fear of
maintaining a pkgbuild patch longterm was rather exaggerated I think.

> > Also, if you want to clean out your system you can use `pacman
> > -Rncs ghc` to do it (you'll be left with exe-only packages, like
> >  cblrepo, though).
> >

> OK, thanks for that info, I guess it all depends on ghc so removing it
> would remove all haskell packages except binaries..

Exactly!

email: magnus at therning.org   jabber: magnus at therning.org

As far as the laws of mathematics refer to reality, they are not
certain, and as far as they are certain, they do not refer to reality.
     -- Albert Einstein