[arch-haskell] haskell on armv7

Ben Burdette bburdette at gmail.com
Wed Aug 19 18:48:45 UTC 2015

short version:  my question is basically how to go about getting llvm
3.5 onto armv7 arch so I can use the ghc 7.10.2 binary, available here:

https://www.haskell.org/ghc/download_ghc_7_10_2#binaries

I'm running a raspberry pi 2 with arch.  One reason I'm using arch is
that its the only distro I've tried so far with a working ghci on arch.
Other things have also gone smoothly compared with raspian, for instance
using Jack.

However, I'm running in to problems compiling with 7.8.2, for instance
ghc never finishing a compile, exiting with rc = -11, etc.  I downgraded
llvm to 3.4.2 since llvm 3.6 is too new for ghc 7.8.2.  Compiling with
3.6 leads to other problems.

My llvm downgrade packages came from the old arm-arch rollback machine,
which unfortunately is no longer with us.

Hints, suggestions?

Thanks,

Ben