[arch-haskell] Cblrepo and dependencies

SP sp at orbitalfox.com
Fri Apr 24 11:52:55 UTC 2015

On 24/04/15 12:41, Magnus Therning wrote:
> ~~~
> % sudo pacman -Rncs ghc
> % sudo pacman -S
> haskell-{unixutils,aeson,ansi-wl-pprint,mtl,optparse-applicative,safe,stringsearch,tar,utf8-string,zlib}
> % ./Setup.hs configure
> % ./Setup.hs build
> ~~~

Good, on my way to doing that too, that isn't the problem. Clearly I
somehow managed to mess the local repository here. As I said it happens
a lot because of some networking/security related issues with this machine.

But the question is, what happens is someone
(unnecessarily/accidentally) manages to reinstall ghc? Is the whole set
of haskell-* packages then unusable? Cause that seemed to be the effect
it had on me.

This is the issue I was trying to discuss here. Can you see what happens
if you reinstall ghc?

--
	SP