[arch-haskell] help upgrading packages

Xyne xyne at archlinux.ca
Mon May 12 20:12:41 UTC 2014

On 2014-05-12 07:01 -0700
Michael Katelman wrote:

>Thanks, all! I ultimately did the same thing: removing and re-installing
>the entire Haskell ecosystem. It seems happy now :)
>
>-Mike

FYI, you can downgrade packages to match the current versions in the repo using

pacman -Syuu

For re-installing all of your haskell packages you may find two of my apps
useful: pkg-topological_reinstall and pkg-list_dependents. Both are included in
my pkg_scripts package [1].

The first was written specifically for dealing with GHC and will generate
scripts to remove GHC and all dependencies then re-install the explicitly
installed packages (with dep resolution). You can do more with it (e.g. add
intermediate steps) by tweaking the generated scripts (which are very simple).

The second app will simply list all dependents of a target package so that you
can create your own scripts.

[1] http://xyne.archlinux.ca/projects/pkg_scripts/

Regards,
Xyne