[arch-haskell] Bootstrapping a cblrepo.db / custom repository

Magnus Therning magnus at therning.org
Tue Jul 29 07:50:26 UTC 2014

On Mon, Jul 28, 2014 at 08:44:22PM +0200, Nicola Squartini wrote:
> You have to add each dependency individually, even though they are all
> provided by GHC. In your example:
>
> $ cblrepo add -g base,4.7.0.1 -g containers,0.5.5.1
> -g pretty,1.1.1.1 template-haskell,2.9.0.0

Indeed you have to manually add all the basic modules.

In the cblrepo github repo you can find a list of packages for
7.8.2[1].  I still have to add one for 7.8.3.

Another option is to look at the database in habs.  Either you run
`cblrepo -g --no-repo` and pipe it to some suitable sed/awk script, or
you just copy the first lines from the database (the database has
three sections, of which we only use 2, the first one contains the
ones added with -g).

Hope this helps.

/M

[1]: https://github.com/magthe/cblrepo/blob/master/data/ghc-7.8.2_pkgs

email: magnus at therning.org   jabber: magnus at therning.org

Code as if whoever maintains your program is a violent psychopath who knows
where you live.
     -- Anonymous