[arch-haskell] Automatic Dependency Resolution

Profpatsch mail at profpatsch.de
Fri Jul 18 11:49:14 UTC 2014

Not a reply, since I just subscribed to this list.

> I have looked at stackage.  AFAIU it is basically a place to host a
> subset of Hackage (plus the possibility to patch packages).  If I've
> understood that correctly it means stackage is of VERY limited use to
> us in maintain Arch Haskell.

As far as I understand it their big advantage is that each version is
completely coherent, a snapshot of packages that work together. They
pipe it through Jenkins and send mails to each package maintainer of
packages that don’t build.
So they automated the process and accept new packages.

Maybe this can be used?
e.g. basing Archhaskell on it and just manage the remaining packages
manually while slowly integrating them into Stackage?

--
Proudly written in Mutt with Vim on Archlinux.