[arch-haskell] devtools version problem

Fabien Dubosson fabien.dubosson at gmail.com
Mon Oct 28 11:39:31 UTC 2013

Hello again,

With a little help of "git bisect" on the devtools repository (
https://projects.archlinux.org/devtools.git/), I have found the reason of
the following kind of messages:

    Diff-0.3.0: cannot find libHSDiff-0.3.0.a on library path (use --force
to override)

The commit 0d16a9135055d0c998cac236608cb630c93f0ac7 (
https://projects.archlinux.org/devtools.git/commit/?id=0d16a9135055d0c998cac236608cb630c93f0ac7)
make "!staticlibs" default in makepkg.conf. So every chroot environment
containing this version will throw away static libraries when building
packages. The commit was pushed to arch repository 8 days ago, so only
newest chroot environments have this problem.

I see two solutions:

  1. Change the "makepkg.conf" when creating the chroot environment to
remove "!staticlibs",
or, better
  2. Change cblrepo to add «options=('strip' 'staticlibs')» when generating
the PKGBUILDs.

Because I don't know if all packages have/need these static libraries, I
ask you, experienced arch-haskeller, to point me the right direction?

Best regards,
Fabien Dubosson